Saturday, October 15, 2011

Turkey Trot October 6,2011

Well as afore mentioned our teacher was kind enough to make apple pies for the kids and with all the Thanksgiving preparations another regular activity that commences at the school is a run call the Turkey Trot! The previous year I did not realize that parents could come and watch the kids run the circuit with their homemade turkey hats on. So I joined a few of the other parents in the Thankgiving assembly then proceeded to watch the kids head out for their run around the field. I snapped a few pictures and thought that was that. No, when I returned to pick Sam up from school he came out the do with a container of Cran-Grape juice hoisted above his head. First I was thinking please return that before we get into trouble. But sure enough it belonged to Sam, see he had won it at the turkey trot! YAY! He was pleased as could be, and as a fellow school mate said he was hoisting it above his head like the Stanley Cup. This made me smile and it was a proud moment that he indeed wanted to share with the grandparents. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.



No comments: