Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Patriotic Post February 2010




The 2010 Olympics have commenced and we are all cheering. Sam & I were able to catch the opening ceremonies on Friday night and my heart filled with joy knowing this was all happening in our own backyard. Sam had many questions and I did my best to fill in the blanks. He enjoyed all of the entertainment but really enjoyed the music, dance and loved the different settings and holograms. I like many other Canadians have swelled with pride.
But amongst all of the sports activity going on here is the exposure of our great country. I have been fortunate to travel and live in different provinces and territories. I feel that if you have the chance and opportunity to experience the fresh sea air in Prince Edward Island, have lobster in Nova Scotia, see the sleeping giant in Thunder Bay, get caught up in the Calgary Stampede excitement, paddle a canoe in the light of the evening up north and hike in the lush green forests of British Columbia. Now this will never touch the surface of what our vast and wonderful country has to offer but if you have the chance to experience it get out there and do! Canada won't disappoint.

No comments: