Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies October 30,2010


This recipe came from my girlfriend Jill and these cookies are delicious! When I tasted them at her house I knew I required the recipe. On a side note Jill had made them with canned pumpkin and I had cooked some pumpkin myself. They were equally tasty!

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (from Jill Field)


1 cup pumpkin

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup oil

1 egg

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 1 tsp of milk

1 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup chopped nuts optional

1 tsp vanilla

Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil and egg. Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture along with dissolved soda mix. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla. Drop by teaspoon on a cookie sheet.

Bake 375°

Bake for 10 minutes

Makes about 5 dozen

No comments: