Thursday, August 21, 2008

Recipe share August 21,2008

So after my mishap for Darren birthday we ended up eating the dinner I had made the following night. It was fabulous! So I thought I would share the recipe. In my case I had tripled the recipe but not the cooking time. After the dinner I strained the chicken stock and made soup with the remaining chicken it was delicious.

Enjoy!


My Favourite Chinese Chicken With Ginger Salsa by Massimo Capra

1 large whole chicken washed well inside and out
3 quarts good chicken stock
1 large onion peeled and chopped
2 large carrots washed and chopped

Place whole chicken in a pot and cover with chicken stock. Make sure it is submerged and add carrots and onions. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer for 12 minutes then turn the element off. Do not touch for at least one hour or until cooked completely.

Salsa

1/4 cup fresh ginger
1 clove fresh garlic
8 spring onions washed well
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/3 cup grape seed oil
2 tbsp soya sauce
Salt and pepper

Peel the ginger and grate it with a rasp or another appropriate tool. Chop the green onions as fine as possible and chop the garlic. Place all of these ingredients in a bowl and add them to the sesame oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.

In a small pan heat the grape seed oil to 340 degrees Fahrenheit and pour over the ginger and onions. Mix well and add the soya sauce. Refrigerate until needed.

Makes 4 servings.

No comments: